Monday, June 14, 2010

Bohemian Rhapsody

I just walked in the door from our mind-blowingly-amazing trip to Savannah.  From the moment we started out on our eight hour voyage home this morning, I was ready to turn around and head back.  What a fantastic city!  If you’ve never been you have to put it on your bucket list, especially if you love architecture, beautiful parks and vegetation, delicious food or American History.  I happen to be infatuated with all of the above.  While we were there we were able to eat in the oldest building in Georgia, an old pirate tavern with gardens that once held the state’s first Peach trees.  We visited other café’s, shops, hotels, and squares that date back to the 1800’s and have all kinds of rustic charm to show for it.  We saw some of the most gorgeous ironwork and brick I’ve ever seen in my life and walked downtown through block after block of what I was relatively certain was a Plantation-era movie set.  And the trees?  Their massive trunks and twisted branches draped with Spanish Moss defy explanation.  It’s a lovely city, plain and simple.  I’ve owned a few cameras over the years and somehow the only one that hasn’t met a tragic end is the one in my iPhone…which means none of the pictures I took myself are quality enough to post.  More than likely, a really nice camera will be my next big investment so I can do a better job documenting experiences like this weekend.  I snagged one of my cousin’s pictures so I can show you our little crew in Forsythe Park, an absolutely picturesque 30 acre park in the historic district.


I know my last post was about a hotel in Savannah but after having actually visited, there is another one I absolutely must show you!  The creativity and seemingly endless budgets hotels are allowed always make for fascinating and inspiring spaces, so it’s hard to resist sharing them with you!  The Bohemian Hotel absolutely took my breath away.  I got more ideas from the lobby alone than I’d usually get from a stack of design magazines.  They absolutely mastered the mix of rustic and glamour…I was floored.  There was almost a gothic feeling to the design, but it was done in such a way that made it incredibly appealing to men and women alike.  Here are a few pictures we took, as well as some we found online.








0 comments:

Post a Comment