Friday, April 1, 2011

'arry Potta!

I love reading...a lot...I guess that puts me at about a nerd level 6.  Add to that the fact that I'd rather tour a museum than-oh-pretty much anywhere and I guess that bumps me up to an 8.  Embarrassingly enough, I also enjoy a good Harry Potter movie.  I think we can safely say that puts me at a solid level 10.  Today we're headed to the epicenter of the Harry Potter nerds...Universal Studios' Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  I'll be tweeting all kinds of fun pictures so make sure you check those out- you can follow us at @designmuseblog.  In the meantime, I put together a good 'ol Harry Potter themed post.  Expecto Patronum! :)

From a design standpoint, Harry Potter doesn't have a ton to offer unless you're into the whole gothic look.  I, for one, am not.  Even more unfortunately, the only design element I really love was a result of magic soooo...it's not looking good for me in terms of achieving it.  


The closest I could get was this gorgeous piece from Bocci Lighting.  It's got a bit of the floating candle vibe, right?


Here's a few other wizard-friendly pieces I came across...but don't be fooled, they're good for muggles too.   


1. Batter Wand, Chestnut Tree Creation $15  2. Snake Ring, Elizabeth and James  3. Paloma Dress, Topshop $84  4. Owl Letter Holder, Urban Outfitters $24  5. Harry Potter Glasses, Hamaki-Ho

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you visit Atlanta, you need to eat at One Midtown Kitchen because the ceiling looks like this!

http://www.onemidtownkitchen.com/images/p-tables.jpg

http://www.onemidtownkitchen.com/images/p-style.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ONE-midtown-kitchen/475765950506#!/album.php?aid=384857&id=475765950506

Gab said...

!!!!!!

Yup. I have to that restaurant. Amazing...

Post a Comment