Monday, August 1, 2011

Sweet Southern Belle

Let me start by saying this...I was born a northern girl.  Regardless of where I end up, I'll consider myself a northern girl 'til the day I die.  I love our cities, our food and our culture and I'll be the first one to jump to the defense of our crazy people.  That being said, I really love the South, too.  The older I get, the more I seem to appreciate and respect how classy southern culture can be.  I get to see glimpses of old southern class in Nashville (although there's a lot of honky tonkers that are...admittedly...well, you know), but I always have a newfound respect for it when I travel to places like Savannah, Georgia or Louisiana (where- not coincidentally- I'm visiting at the moment).  I may never be a southern belle, but their territory sure is a fun place to explore.  Just for today, here's to the south!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment