Thursday, January 17, 2013

Beauty Bar Essentials

I'm a big fan of makeup.  A big, big fan.  And while reveling in the perfection of my favorite gold eyeshadow this morning, it occurred to me that I've never really communicated that on the blog before. My follow-up thought was slightly more profound...what have I communicated on the blog lately?  I'm always really proud of what I post here, but as I was sifting through the last few weeks of content I realized it's been pretty much strictly editorial calendar driven.  Don't misunderstand me, I love our editorial calendar and have no intention of pulling the plug on it, but I want to make sure I deliver more than just the same scheduled content from week to week.  The moment this space becomes merely something I need to fill is the moment it won't really be worth visiting anymore...while I don't feel like that's where I'm at, I do want to make sure I'm actively working against it.  I wish I could promise a proverbial waterfall of new content, but since I'm in the process of growing a business I don't think that's something I can deliver at the moment.  But!  I can commit to two posts a week on top of our regular editorial calendar for the time being.  As Design Muse grows things will continue to change here, but it's my goal to always make sure the content is fresh and inspirational. 

That being said, let's talk about makeup for a minute (the catalyst for this whole rant).  I rounded up a few of my must haves...the products in my beauty regimen that get an A++ 100% of the time.  I've tried a lot of different kinds of makeup in my day (more than I'll ever admit to) and these are the tried and true favorites.  A few quick thoughts about what's listed here:

1. Urban Decay 'Baked' Eyeshadow- The best gold eyeshadow you'll ever use.  Super pigmented, extremely warming with the perfect amount of shimmer...seriously...the best.

2. Boom Boom Brow Highlighting Pencil- Love using the matte end to highlight my brows and the shimmer end on the inner corners of my eyes.  Especially helpful when I didn't get quite enough sleep the night before.

3. Shiseido Eyelash Curler- Try it and you'll never use another eyelash curler again.  For reals.

4. Mac 'Fleur Power' Powder Blush- Just enough coral to be universally flattering...looks like freshly pinched cheeks.

5. GaBee's Lip Balm- In a perfect world, I'd send all of you a stick of this...it's seriously my favorite.  Check out the back story on how it came to be here.

6. Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base- Doesn't clump, dries clear, keeps your eyeshadow on all day.  What more could you ask for?

7. Dior Show Maximizer Lash Plumping Serem- Makes a huge difference in the length and thickness of my lashes.  Huge.

8. Lorac Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing and Thickening Mascara- I've tried cheaper, more expensive, thicker, thinner, and everything in between.  This is hands down my fave.

9. Stila 'Fiery' Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick- Never in my life have I come across another lipstick like this.  The perfect red, stays allll day (and then some), the best, best, best.   


1. Eyeshadow in 'Baked', Urban Decay $18  2. Brow Highlighting Pencil, Boom Boom Brow Bar $18   3. Eyelash Curler, Shiseido $19  4. Powder blush in 'Fleur Power', MAC $20  5. GaBees Lip Balm, Beretta Apiary  6. Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, NARS $24  7. Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum, Dior $28  8. Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara, Lorac $22  9. Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 'Fiery', Stila $22

2 comments:

beauty bar said...

I am always not a fan of full make-up but i like to ornament my eyes with some glittering eye shadow and liners.

Anonymous said...

I love makeup too! Before interior design, I wanted to be a beauty blogger :)

Post a Comment