Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Foodie Files

Here ye, here ye; I have an announcement!  Even as I type it, I can hardly believe it…as of today, Davey and I are the proud parents of the most delightful English bulldog puppy there ever was.  My soon to be in-laws set the whole thing in motion as a wedding present and I'll tell you what, I'm over the moon excited.  So without further ado, meet Virgina…my snuggly, calm, incredibly cute little munchkin.  


Before I tell you about the homemade dog treats I threw together this afternoon let me first say I promise not to be a finger-pointing, organic-only, self righteous dog owner.  To quote Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that".  But I was excited to make a welcome home treat for my big eater and I'm glad I did cause she loves them.  I first spied the recipe on Cesar Milan's website and it looked like something simple she'd enjoy.  Davey tried one…needless to say I did not, but I will say they actually smell really good!

Ingredients:
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 egg
1 tsp beef or chicken bouillon cubes
½ cup hot water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Dissolve bouillon in hot water and set aside.  Add remaining ingredients then knead dough until it forms a ball.


Roll dough until ½ inch thick.  Cut into slices or use cookie cutters (I used hearts and stars cause it's what I had on hand but a nice dog bone might be a nice touch).


Place dough pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.  Let cool and serve to your darling canine doll baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment