Thursday, October 8, 2015

Let's give this another go, shall we?

I’ve started, erased and re-started this sentence many times over the course of many months…each time with the same image in my head.  In said image I’m standing on top of a mountain yelling “hello! (*echo*echo*echo*)….is anyone out there?! (*echo*echo*echo*).  And then I laugh- both the me in my head and the me doing the imagining- because of course no one is out there!  It’s been well over a year since my last post!  

Truth be told, I didn’t so much decide to take a break from blogging as it just sort of…happened.  A week turned into a month, “after the wedding” turned into “after the holidays” and then- at some point- it just wasn’t even on my radar anymore (there’s a sermon in that, ladies and gents).  

Cut to today…I’m out of practice and starting from scratch.  But I’m going for it anyway!  And it’s gonna be a little bit tricky- sure- but I’m so genuinely excited to be back in the game.  Here’s a few things you can expect to see unfold over the next few weeks (and months and years, provided this pans out according to plan)…

-New topics: We’re covering a bit more ground on the lifestyle front and dabbling in mens fashion, music, and a few other uncharted territories.  It’s gonna be a lot of fun and I’m excited for you to check it out.

-New ideas: Our goal is fresh and truly original content which, truth be told, is really hard to come up with!  We’re focusing on quality over quantity these days so instead of posting every day (or multiple times a day like I used to at the peak of my insanity), we’ll post about 3 times a week.  My hope is that this approach allows time to improve the posts themselves and gives me some room in my schedule to engage in social media.  

-New faces: I’ve recruited some help from my family and it’s- hands down- the best call I’ve made in awhile.  They’re so creative and brilliant in ways I could never hope to be.  My husband, parents, brothers (by blood and by marriage), and a handful of my cousins will pop up every so often and I can’t wait to share their wit and wisdom with you.  

So there it is, folks- I’m back!  I hope you’ll check back in every so often cause we’re filling this space with all the inspiration, resources and merrymaking we can create.  Have the most fabulous day!


-Gab

0 comments:

Post a Comment